Breast care nurses
Please contact the clinical nurse specialists in breast care for advice and support.
They work Monday – Friday 8.30am-5pm and all the services have answerphones so you can leave a message.
- Wansbeck – 01670 529 319 or 01670 529 636 (Nurse practitioner)
- North Tyneside – 0191 293 4183
- Hexham – 01434 655 386
The reconstruction nurse specialists cover our three general hospitals and can be contacted on – 0191 293 4687.
If you are receiving treatment at the oncology day units please contact your unit direct in office hours or the out of hours helpline (all contact details will be in your hand held records).
You may find it useful to take a look at our frequently asked questions section.
Who to contact if you have a concern
We know there are times when you may be concerned about something or notice a new symptom and want to talk to us.
Please contact your breast care nurse who will discuss your concerns and symptoms and either arrange a clinic visit and/or investigations, or refer you back to your GP. These numbers are at the top of this page.
- Mr. S. Aspinall, consultant surgeon – 0191 293 2522
- Mr. M. Carr, consultant surgeon – 01670 529 209
- Dr W. Carr, breast physician – North Tyneside – 0191 293 2543, Wansbeck – 01670 529 209
- Mr N. McLean, consultant plastic surgeon – 01670 529 209
- Ms P Serra, consultant plastic surgeon – 0191 293 4345
- Mrs A. Townend, consultant surgeon – 0191 293 2543
- Mr. M. Youssef, consultant surgeon – 01670 529 393
For information on how we use your information please visit the trust’s website here.